Where can I get help?

It is really important to know that whatever your worry is, there is always someone there who can help you. This might be speaking to your parent or carer at home, to a close member of your family, or to adult at school or your social worker. There are also organisations that can help to, such as Childline and Young Minds.

Childline logo

You can contact Childline about anything. Whatever your worry, it's better out than in. They are there to support you. There are lots of different ways to speak to a Childline counsellor or get support from other young people. You can

  • Send an email from your Childline account (if you don’t have one, it is very easy to set up)
  • Call for free 0800 1111
  • Post on the message board and get a reply (you don’t have to give your name) and look at what other people have asked
  • Have an online chat with a counsellor
  • Or talk to a counsellor with help from a British sign Language interpreter

Please visit the Childline website to get support

Getting help

If you are affected by child abuse or neglect, it can really help to talk to someone you trust.

Where can I get help?